Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Ballet Guide Day One: Intro And Preparing



Hello Beauties,

As a dancer, I've decided to make a series of posts on dance, mostly ballet. This is the time were you should start to prepare for dance if it starts in the fall, of course I get that some people have ballet all year long witch is something I'd love to do, but really don't have the time. So here are some tips to help you get yourself ready for ballet.


  • Wear your slippers and pointe shoe at least l week, depending on your feet, before class begins to break them in, but don't were them to much because you don't want dead shoes before class even starts.
  • Stretch for at least 20 min. a day for flexibility and strength. Make sure you work on your legs and ankles a lot.
  • Drink a lot of water and eat healthy to be at your best for class.
  • Don't under-eat, ballet is full of under-eating stereotypes and you don't want to be one of them.
If I missed anything let me know and I'll add it in, also If there is any requests comment below.

XOX,
Chanel


No comments:

Post a Comment